- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing objectives as needed.
- Manage and direct all activities involving sales of company Products
- Represent company at trade shows and customer events to promote products
- Must be able to present product information in a professional manner to existing customers and to potential customers
- Manage the authorized manufacturer’s representatives within an assigned region
- Confer or consult with the marketing department to plan advertising services and to secure information on products and customer specifications
- Computer proficient and working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Provide accurate information to customers regarding product knowledge, technical and pricing
- Work with the customer service, shipping, and production departments to be sure products are available and shipped in a timely manner
- Effectively conduct product training at all levels of the sales channel
- Performs other dutues as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to leverage relationships with 1-step and 2-step floori ng materials distribution.
- Ability to be versatile and work independently and autonomously, while achieving results and exceeding goals
- Proven track record of increasing sales and profitability
- Must have excellent customer service and presentation skills and effective administration skills
- Thorough product knowledge with the ability to conduct presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in Flooring products industry preferably installation materials in the Western United States. Other states may be added.
(An equivalent combination of education and work experience that satisfy the requirements of the job may be sufficient).
*Geographic region includes the following states: California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington
- Must be willing to live in Los Angeles, California.
- Must be able and willing to travel overnight as needed
This position requires successful completion of pre-employment checks to include a criminal background check, drug screening and if appropriate driving/motor vehicle records checks.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to National Sales Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Management of Independent Sales Representatives (Contractors)
Contacts are with superiors, peers, subordinates, customers, and/or vendors. Contacts require the ability to exercise a high degree of interpersonal skills to influence persons at all levels. Incumbent is accountable for the results of the contact.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Travel throughout most mid-west states. On the road approximately 70% of the time.