General Job Responsibilities:
US Service Manager reports to the Account Director and is responsible for all customer service of company products that are installed within the US Region. Support activities include equipment installation, qualification and service of ALD, PEALD, CVD, PECVD, and EPI equipment. In addition to managing support of company equipment, the service manager has ownership of regional spare parts depots and consignment inventory levels. The service manager is accountable to meet all financial targets for the region including service and spares businesses. Managing and developing field service engineers.
• Stay informed as needed relative to GSS goals, roadmaps, financial results, personnel issues, and supplier/customer/community concerns.
• Motivate and communicate with direct reports to do superior work within allowed costs and schedule.
• Measure results on a continuous basis and take corrective actions.
• Report completions, progress, problems, and opportunities to their manager.
• Annual Goals (To be updated every year) Creating a professional service-organization for products in the region.
• Creating a professional service-organization for the products in US region.
• Improving the service organization structure for both customer and company.
• Initiating standardization and guidelines.
• Creating optimum environment for product support (installation tools/procedures, etc.).
• Give inputs to improve to the product organizations, especially concerning ease of maintenance and uptime. Introduces and improves reporting structures.
• Developing new processes and procedures (Actively working with BU1 to develop new procedures)
• Establish and maintain a “Safety and Quality First” culture while achieving customer required service goals.
• Participate as early as possible in new product development activities so that regional Field Service Engineers (FSE’s) are able to support product introduction.
• Advises site personnel on routine and non-routine tasks.
• Resource scheduling.
• Manages service jobs to completion within scheduled timeframes.
• Ensure company meets all support contractual agreements.
• Work with Sales to close on Spares and Service contracts.
• Interacts with high level customers and internal personnel.
• Participates in departmental policy making decisions.
• Thinks strategically, with the ability to implement tactics.
• Drive customer delight for all regional customers.
• Manage FSE utilization
• People management for the various departments.
• Career development for direct reports.
• Conducts Annual reviews for direct reports.
• Manage FSE’s/group leaders to achieve maximum performance and maximize job satisfaction
• Interprets and executes policy and procedures to subordinates (drive adherence to Service Bulletins R&U, FSM usage, accurate time reporting, etc.)
• Ensure on-line documentation is being utilized by FSE’s to drive CIP
• Plans organization’s work and schedule work completions.
• Organize the workforce to accomplish the plan.
• Integrate their activities in cooperation with other organizations.
• Define annual goals for the FSE’s to assist in achieving GSS objectives.
• Minimum – Bachelor of Science in Engineering discipline and or related fields.
• 5-10 years in Field Service Management preferably in the Semiconductor Capital Equipment Industry.
• Must be able to interact and influence senior management levels; both internally and externally
• Experience with P&L management and general business processes
• Extensive knowledge and experience within a related service industry, customer satisfaction and account management, preferably in semiconductor industry.
• Should have knowledge of semiconductor industry, related company applications and technology.
• Good project and time management skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Previous experience as People manager
• Experience with Forecasting revenue generation
• SAP knowledge required