We are a global product technology leader seeking a Sales Engineer for our NY sales office location. The successful candidate will promote the sales of build-up substrates and PCB products for microelectronic applications. This candidate provides products and services to new and existing customers within an assigned territory through in-person sales.
The position requires the ability to prioritize assignments, multi task, and work under pressure in a friendly but fast paced environment and take initiative to interact with other employees. Other duties include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calls on prospective customers.
- Maintains contact with existing customers in relation to their current and future requirements.
- Works with the production, engineering, or research and development departments to determine how products and services could be designed or modified to suit customers’ needs.
- Demonstrates to the customer the usefulness of the product or service.
- Keeps informed on new products or services and other general information of interest to customers and essential to developing new business.
- Responsible for securing and renewing orders, arranging delivery services and adding value to products and services.
- Responsible for following up on monies due upon receipt/delivery of product within established terms.
- Checks on, monitors and reports on competitors’ activities.
- Keeps record and reports on all phases of activities.
- Plans monthly and annual sales goals for assigned accounts.
- May advise customers on how best to use the products provided.
- May help identify and develop new products.
- May perform other duties and assignments as required.
- Key skills and abilities include influencing/selling, communication (verbal and written), analysis, and problem solving.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent job knowledge, required.
- Engineering degrees preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in engineering or in sales of technical products required.