Responsible for advanced process and equipment development and/or project leadership that may include coordination of a team in support of the development effort. Emphasis is placed on designing and achieving project goals within the equipment capability, and effective interactions with Sales and Marketing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines project goals based on Sales/Marketing requirements
- Coordinates development work with customers and third parties
- Forms detailed plans to achieve project goals in line with equipment capability and within an appropriate timeframe.
- Proposes, designs, performs and analyzes processes and propose and assist in equipment modifications aimed at meeting Customer specifications or company requirements
- Prepares technical reports for the Customer and/or Company detailing the results of laboratory testing on assigned projects
- Works effectively in multi-disciplinary teams as a senior engineer
- Writes reports for external publication
- Contributes to the preparation of technical sales material
- Performs customer presentations
- Conducts technical visits during and after the sales cycle
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting on product line in field
- Demonstrates equipment / process capability during internal factory acceptances (IAT) and Final Acceptance (FAT) at customer site
- Applies formal problem solving methodologies to solve problems at customer sites
- Performs technical specification reviews
- Contributes to preparation and prosecution of patent applications
- Performs other duties as assigned
- It is every employee’s responsibility to be aware of and adhere to the applicable Safety & Health, Quality and Environmental Process of company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Sciences, Physics or Chemistry and minimum of ten years of work experience in the job offered or related field of advanced plasma process development
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Sciences, Physics or Chemistry and minimum of six years of work experience in the job offered or related field of advanced plasma process development
- Minimum six years of experience with advanced semiconductor plasma processing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, major credit card (for business travel), and passport
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Have a clear understanding on applications of plasma processing
- Comprehensive knowledge of analytical equipment, e.g. Nanospec TFA, SEM, Surface Profilometer, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, prepare, and present complex technical material, for presentation or publication. Technical publication is encouraged with or without customer collaboration.
- Ability to communicate effectively interdepartmentally, and externally with vendors and customers
- Ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics, technical journals and papers, and other related material
- Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions using formal problem solving methodologies
- Ability to travel as needed in support of trade shows, scientific symposia, or to respond to customer requests
- Must be able to read technical articles in English and communicate both verbally and in written form in English
- Ability to travel (up to 60%) to the Customer site to achieve Final Acceptance Testing (FAT) requirements or technical tradeshows and symposia
- Must be able to use computer and be familiar with business and scientific software
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The normal work environment is typical of a business office, manufacturing laboratory, and support areas such as production, test, and stockroom.
- The incumbent is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, touch, see, and hear. The incumbent may occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the regular duties of the position, the incumbent may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and possible exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. The incumbent must be able to wear safety equipment and follow safety instructions. Must be able to work on production floor, laboratory in the field or at customer site without physical impediments. Vision correctable to 20/20 and ability to hear with corrective devices.