- BS/MS/PhD in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Materials Science
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in semiconductor manufacturing/photolithography/semiconductor materials, with specialization in formulated wafer cleaning materials preferred
- Experience as a process engineer/production engineer for photolithography/semiconductor material is highly preferable
- Familiar with semiconductor manufacturing tool operations
- Familiar with semiconductor quality and/or fab operations
- Proficient computer skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel; proficiency in JMP preferred
- Good presentation skills, self-motivated, easy to work with in a group environment
- Extensive knowledge in materials, polymer, organic and analytical chemistry, in addition to Six Sigma and statistical process control
- Quick problem-solving skills, can communicate in-depth to customers
- Experience in leading a cross-functional team
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work safely by observing safety rules, policies and procedures. Identify unsafe conditions or actions to management.
- Perform production support engineering for groups of products, including taking R&D candidates to HVM.
- Perform SPC analysis, identify trends in the inspection of finished products, in-process materials and bulk raw materials, and recommends corrective actions when necessary.
- Perform root cause analysis and corrective action for customer complaints. Act as key account owner with direct communication with customers.
- Design and execute, or coordinate experiments to help troubleshoot suspect raw material lots / complained products. Employ available in-house analytical techniques and external services, when appropriate to attain these objectives.
- Perform the work necessary to enlist and help toll suppliers develop processes for new products that will not be produced in-house
- Sustain products with cost reduction.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercise judgment in selecting functional and analytical methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Make suggestions to management for improving this position or improving work processes.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Must work on-site at production facility to perform engineering product scale-up, troubleshooting and optimization.