Job Description Summary:
This Linux Software Development Engineer will work closely with other software developers, product management and customers to develop and test software used in our advanced vertical furnaces. This position reports to the Software Development Manager and has high visibility across all departments. You will troubleshoot issues with the existing codebase as well as add new features. You will create and execute test plans for any changes prior to release. You will provide customer technical support for key software issues. You will be encouraged to present ideas for product improvements that would result in improvement performance and revenue generation.
This position focuses on Linux based systems with code in C and C++ controlling our hardware.
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with both functional and Object-Oriented programming.
- C and C++
- Experience with large scale asynchronous systems (multitasking, multiprocessing)
- Extensive knowledge of Linux as a platform for equipment control software
- Experience developing and maintaining equipment control software
- Working knowledge of SEMI standards (e.g., E30, E40, E87, E90, E94)
- Experience with software management tools
- Familiarity with Motif software development is a plus
Qualified persons must be comfortable working in both independent and team environments. You must be able to take ownership of software development projects with a thorough understanding of customer requirements. You must also be able to work with various internal groups and teams. You must be able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Computer Science or equivalent degree
- >5 years’ experience with hands-on software development and maintenance within the semiconductor or related industries preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively and handle shifting priorities professionally
- Valid driver’s license, passport, and ability to travel