- Requirements gathering, analysis and documentation
- Review and analyze customer specifications and documents related to system functionality
- Design, implementation, integration, test, debug, support and maintenance of system software controlling or monitoring manufacturing equipment
- Create, maintain, and review software development lifecycle (SDLC) artifacts and deliverables (e.g. specifications, documents, test plans, software releases, etc.)
- Self-track progress and provide timely status reports to immediate supervisor
- Participate in project planning in coordination with immediate supervisor
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop complex systems
- Travel to customer sites to help troubleshoot issues, understand requests, or improve capabilities.
- Being a team player, doing whatever is required to make the company successful
- BS or MS in scientific or engineering discipline with 7+ years of applicable experience is required (> 10 years applicable experience is preferred)
- Professional experience in object-oriented software development is required.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles is required
- Professional experience in programming for Microsoft Windows operating system is strongly preferred.
- Professional experience with Microsoft .NET development environment is strongly preferred (C#, WPF)
- Professional experience in manufacturing equipment automation, operator and factory interfaces, process control, systems integration, or print technologies is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated debugging and troubleshooting skills (including H/W – S/W interfaces) are required
- Experience with flat panel display industry or a related industry (e.g. semiconductors) is preferred
- Experience with Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM), factory automation communications standards (e.g. HSMS) and related functionality is strongly desired
- Time management skills, strong analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, and effective communication skills (including presentation skills) are all required
- Up to 20% travel