The Senior Director reports directly to the VP Global R&D PCT and is responsible for establishing the technical vision and leading all aspects of the technology and product development in San Jose. The Senior Director is the top technology executive in the area, playing an integral role in the strategic direction, development, and future growth. The Senior Director will work closely with our R&D teams in Europe and Asia and collaborate with the global staff of the VP Global R&D PCT
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide visible leadership within the technology community.
- Lead the SJC PCT R&D center and interact with all PCT R&D centers globally
- Build, coach and manage a top-flight technology team to create synergies, strategic and sustainable technology roadmaps and research and development, as well as project management.
- Lead the execution of technology strategy and roadmaps for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Create and push a design to cost structure within R&D. Utilize and further implement supporting tools for e.g. simulation and data analysis.
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape.
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and company operations.
- Strong interaction and cooperation with our key customers in the SEMI market
Working experience, technical skills and know how
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering and / or (Plasma)-Physics with strong back-ground in high frequency technologies strongly preferred.
- At least 10 years in R&D / Engineering, with at least 5 years in a senior management-level position.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps.
- Strong experience in development of RF power devices and / or embedded systems including digital signal processing on real time platforms is a must
- Experiences in plasma processes or Semiconductor related industries is a big plus but not mandatory
- Basic knowledge in Big-Data treatment for development purposes