Under general direction, responsible for setting and managing the strategic direction for the North American (Rep, Catalog, Distributors, and Direct Sales) operations for the Semiconductor, LED and PV segments. Responsible for the development of the company market requirements for specific product(s), product lines(s), including product strategy, definition, requirements and pricing. Develops marketing tools for successful product promotions and product introductions within the segments. This position will create and drive demand for company’s products and services while ensuring the needs of the market and customers are being addressed. Must be able to take complex business initiatives to develop strategic and tactical plans to drive competitive advantages, revenue and market share. Communicates customer feedback to the sales, service, engineering and manufacturing groups to enhance the product(s), product lines(s). The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of sub-fab operations, vacuum components, vacuum systems and related technologies within the semiconductor industry and related markets.
- Overseas the development of company market requirements for specific product(s), product line(s) and service(s).
- Provides and manages the development of marketing plans, business plans, managing lifecycles, and product positioning in the market place.
- Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs.
- Establishes pricing strategies while interfacing across multiple departments to develop new products or enhance existing product(s), product line(s) and service(s).
- Acts as a technical advisor for specific product(s), product lines(s), and service(s) assigned.
- Develops and manages external partnerships where appropriate.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends marketing opportunities consistent with market segment objectives.
- Travel as required to support product and business goals – estimated 30%.
- Works with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s).
- Complies with safety policies, including participation in and completion of all required safety training.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment compliant with safety policies.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Marketing or equivalent experience in an engineered product industry.
- Six (6) or more years’ work related experience in the semiconductor process industry or related area.
- Two (2) or more years; product management, product marketing, technical sales experience.
- Thorough understanding of marketing product lifecycle, working knowledge of sales process.
- Proven track record leading new business development.
- Working knowledge of general policies and procedures.
- Strong Customer Relations skills.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of computer systems including software packages such as Internet Explorer, CRM tools, Adobe Illustrator.
- Sufficient PC skills to manage information and to prepare reports and presentations without support.
- Strong relationship building skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal colleagues and customer.
- Demonstrated teamwork and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.