Product Sales – The Sales Representative – Utility Vacuum prospects, sources and maintains quality customers in assigned area. They will achieve and exceed assigned sales goals by developing action plans and schedules to identify specific sales prospects, targets and/or markets. The Sales Representative manages, calls on, applies and sells industrial vacuum pumps and systems directly to customers in assigned region/area, develops and implements a sales and marketing strategy to maximize business results with these customers and markets and follows-up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity and as referred by telemarketing activity. They prepare and present proposals, pricing and credit terms to customers.
- Establishes rapport and maintains regular contact with existing and new customers (particularly key accounts, distributors and direct sales personnel).
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries.
- Introduces new products and service capabilities.
- Actively engaged in planned prospecting activities geared at increasing the customer base and continually increasing market share.
- Supports Internal Sales Representatives and distributors in maintaining a customer base by supporting them with vacuum applications knowledge, sales activities, and quotations and leads on a daily basis.
- Obtains, develops or otherwise prepares, delivers and presents sales materials, exhibits, vacuum application information and promotional programs.
- Prepares for and attends trade shows, exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional and national promotional opportunities.
- Maintains a professional image at all times through personal actions and initiatives.
- Enhances Company reputation and brand image by consistently working to implement the Company’s core values.
- Takes whatever action is appropriate and required to get the job done and to establish and maintain communications with all relevant internal and external people/employees.
Personal Development – The Sales Representative updates job knowledge for both vacuum products and sales/marketing strategies and skills, by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; networking; and participating in professional organizations.
Market Analysis – The Sales Representative continuously pursues knowledge and understanding of economic trends and news that may affect the vacuum pump and system business. They report such activity to the Business Line Manager, Regional Vice President and Regional Sales Managers as appropriate.
Reporting – The Sales Representative prepares reports as assigned relative to activity, lost orders, closings, follow-up and performance against budget. They report on special developments and information or feedback gathered through field activity, including recommendations for product, service, pricing changes and evaluations of competitive developments.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or other technical area preferred or High School Graduate with equivalent work experience required.
- Minimal of 3 years of relevant industrial sales experience a must, preferably in the industrial vacuum industry.
- Up to 40% local travel, and minimal of 30% overnight travel.
- Must have proven business analysis skills.
- Ability to work with Internal Sales Representatives and Distributors.
- Must be organized and able to work accurately with a strong attention to detail.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Travel required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.