The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the management of all sales activities within an assigned geographical territory. Reporting to a Sales Manager USA, the position is responsible for developing and delivering annual sales growth of company products and services in compliance with the strategic plan.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Manages an assigned sales territory to:
- Maintain existing business levels;
- Develop new business for products and services;
- Provide for annual sales growth of Company products & service(s). Responsible for developing, managing, and training of the sales channels
- Provide for annual sales growth of Company products and services.
- Works with all internal departments in support of sales opportunities
- Develops long term relationships with end user and OEM accounts individual, and in support of the sales channel(s). Maintains account profiles for specified Top Tier accounts
- Maintains a customer database in electronic format.
- Develops a yearly target account list for the assigned sales territory
- Maintains company records & files
- Maintain, in good working order and physical condition, a company vehicle and other company equipment Utilize expense account with prudent judgement.
- The majority of the Regional Sales Managers time is dedicated to planning, preparing, and conducting face to face customer visits.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting client’s needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Negotiation Skills – Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Persistence – Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in spite of opposition or discouragement.
- Sales Ability – Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Business
- 3 plus years of experience in Sales (Industrial Manufacturing)
- Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Lotus Notes and Share point, CRM, ERP
- Certifications & Licenses: Maintain a current and valid drivers license throughout employment that meetscompany standards
- Thorough knowledge of company product lines, vacuum pumps, rotating equipment; markets, and applications.
- Thorough understanding of vacuum theory.
- Possess good interpersonal skills. Must be self-motivated. Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing. Possess good organizational and planning skills.