The Program Manager is responsible for:
- The Program Manager will lead a cross-functional teams that will develop a detailed, resource loaded project schedules to design, manufacture, delivery, install, pass acceptance testing and achieve customer sign off a complex technical product at customer sites.
- The cross-functional team may include the following disciplines: Sales and marketing, Design Engineering, Product Management, Supply Chain & Logistics, Manufacturing & Test Engineering, Materials, Planning, Quality, Document Control, Field Install, Field Service, Finance, and outsourced Contract Installation Resources and Manufacturing partners.
- Key activities include early interaction with both the customer and appropriate team members to develop resource loaded project plans, including risk assessment and mitigation and then executing through the life of the project. The Project Manager will spend significant time with key functional leaders working to align on program priority and be the key point of contact for customers.
- During the sales process, work closely with sales and customers to define and prioritize the key customer requirements.
- Ensuring that programs are properly resourced.
- Defining, establishing and execute risk mitigation strategies to achieve objectives.
- Communication of program status to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage day to day activities of the install team, at the customer site, during install, sign off and acceptance.
- Owns and conducts the Product Change Management (PCM) process for Program Intake, including conducting weekly meetings with a cross-functional team and customer. The Program Manager is also responsible for determining if the feasibility of the study is required for a program and conducting the Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) scoping, among other tasks.
- Manages multiple revenue-driving programs concurrently ensuring that supporting functions are fully engaged.
- Ensures all customer projects are delivered on time, to specification, at cost targets with great quality.
- Leads cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate risk to achieve on time, on budget project deliverables.
- Communicates status of programs to goals and drives decisions to mitigate risk with clarity and speed. Must be a highly effective communicator with the cross-functional team.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline with 5+ years of engineering and/or technical project/ program management experience in Semiconductor Industry.
- Extensive experience with semiconductor device manufacture (fabs) customers and familiarity with cleanroom protocols.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional team, to execute execution resulting in successful product solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, inspiring action to clear and concise objectives and effective communication with all levels of the organization.
- Recognized as a leader and a highly effective communicator at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to travel and the ability to spend extended periods of time at a customer’s site during install.
- Extensive experience with MS Project, including resource loading and leveling.
- Familiarity with common industrial product regulatory compliance regulations such as S2 / S8 CE, ROHS, REACH, NRTL, etc.
- Familiarity with project management industry-standard practices and able to promote best practices.
- PMP certification plus.