** Must travel to Taiwan (initially) for 4+ weeks for exposure to TSMC culture, etc) **
As a member of the Global Sales and Services business unit, the Process Section Manager position is responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction while providing highly valued services and support to customers.
The primary responsibilities for this role are to lead a team of Process Engineers to provide world class customer service to ensure positive outcomes for customers while executing to company aftermarket sales strategy.
This position requires significant engagement with strategic customers and is relied upon by a number of senior leaders and executive management stakeholders for delivering on both customer satisfaction initiatives and key business results.
Master degree (or above) in material science, physics, chemical or electrical engineering. Candidates with comparable experience, knowledge and skills will be considered.
4 years experience of direct related experience. (i.e. ALD, PEALD, EPI, PECVD, CVD ); 10 years experience in the electronic or semiconductor industry preferred;
- Ability to handle all customer situations, developing action plans then presenting and driving resolution to both ASM and customer.
- Ability to rectify a bad situation and regain customer confidence
- Strong positive attitude, ability to work in a team environment or individually, drive meetings, provide guidance to co-workers, and foster excellent internal ASM relations
- Solid logic based troubleshooting skills, ability to teach co-workers
- Ability to work responsibly with all company resources and departments in a multifunctional high paced atmosphere independent of supervision on highly complex problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and be able to organize and run a meeting
- Be a system expert for support of field problems, travel to customer site domestically and internationally with short notice
- Work with regional team and product groups to identify and solve problems. Highly skilled in electrical and mechanical techniques and overall equipment system knowledge (HW / SW, Process)
- Strong computer skills, working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Jump, SAP/FSM/JAM
- Drive SOP’s and protocol, able to guide co-workers
- Includes; PCP, PDP, change request, NC, CIP, clear technical input in CCB
- Ability to handle >95% of support calls and escalations without assistance
- Become an active member of GSS core teams
- Drive and execute knowledge of company Escalation process including managing action lists, handle >95% of support calls and legacy tool escalations without assistance and driving other experts to close the remaining issues you can’t resolve
- Strong ability to develop action plans on technical issues with customers and field personnel and ability to influence others to achieve results
- Highly evolved phone and technical skills to analyze, technically direct and address tool issues remotely
- Strong knowledge of Semiconductor vacuum techniques and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills; speak and write in a clear and concise manner, and to accurately and fully convey issues to peers, management, or customers
- Strong organizational skills and leadership qualities
- Accurate, timely reporting, ability to coach peers
- Acts as a role model and mentor while assisting in the development of customer service skills with subordinates and peers
- Work with a safety-first mentality
- Manage all customer and field escalation with a sense of urgency and escalate quickly to ensure prompt resolution if this cannot adequately be done by you
- Consistently provide fast, quality solutions to field and customer personnel and create new BKM’s and ensure such learning is driven into company’s business process DNA to ensure this or other problems with the same type of root causes do not recur
- Lead, manage and teach problem solving and root cause analysis
- Strong ability to explain highly technical and complex information to peers, management and customers both in verbal or written mediums
- Demonstrate highly evolved phone and computer skills that allow quick and efficient troubleshooting remotely
- Exercise good judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, tools and evaluation criteria for obtaining desired results
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally as required, typically ~50% with occasional protracted travel spanning weeks.