Responsible for managing Process Engineering activities within the Technical Management group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Managerial Duties
- Performs all normal supervisory functions, to include hiring, training, appraisal, counseling, and discipline for the process engineering group
- Budgetary responsibility for process engineering department to include yearly cost centers and process development projects
- Allocates group resources to accomplish process application and development goals
Process Engineering Management Duties
- Manages the review of processes, customer requirements, and sales staff recommendations to facilitate processing of samples, when appropriate
- Provides input for the development of process-related marketing and sales collateral material, including brochures, technical notes, presentations and promotional materials
- Participates in technical venues, including trade shows, symposia, workshops and seminars
- Provides internal training as required
- Manages lab activities to meet business objectives for new process development
- Maintains overall project management of process engineering projects
- Manages process engineering group patent and publication generation
- Manages lab equipment support personnel to ensure efficient use of lab assets
- Manages lab assets procurement and maintenance and usage
- Performs other duties as required
- It is every employee’s responsibility to be aware of the applicable Safety & Health, Quality and Environmental Process of company.
- Positions which report directly to this one: Process Engineer and Support Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Sciences, Physics or Chemistry; Ph.D. is preferred
- Minimum five years of experience with advanced semiconductor plasma processing with emphasis on cleanroom protocol and Semi standards
- Minimum two years of management or leadership experience required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, major credit card (for business travel), and passport
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interpret highly technical material, and other complex documents
- Ability to communicate effectively interdepartmentally, and externally with vendors and customers
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions using formal problem solving methodologies
- Comprehensive knowledge of analytical equipment, e.g. Nanospec TFA, SEM, Surface Profilometer, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Semi standards
- Demonstrated ability to develop, prepare, and present complex technical material, for presentation or publication. Technical publication is encouraged with or without customer collaboration.