The Process Engineer III demonstrates creativity and ingenuity in applying engineering principles and practices. They are able to draw solutions from a wider range of experience. This position will take the lead role on projects and guide Process Engineers and Technicians. The Process Engineer III is generally more proficient at solving problems in a timely manner. Work is primarily involved with the development or improvement of actual products or designs. The typical cycle includes conceptualizing, developing prototypes, testing and perfecting designs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each of the primary duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Presents company technology to prospective customers.
- Organizes and performs equipment and process demonstrations for and with prospective customers. Provides process support to customers (remotely and onsite), sales and service staff.
- Develops, optimizes and documents new processes.
- Researches and optimizes new and existing processes.
- Defines equipment configurations and specifications based on customer’s requirements.
- Conducts process training with service staff and customers.
- Performs acceptance tests on new equipment in the field.
- Conducts parametric screening and developmental experiments.
- Creates technical reports and papers.
- Attends trade shows, technical conferences and presents technical papers.
- Works with outside organizations and universities in collaborative research and development efforts. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally overnight, as needed, up to 50% of the time. Must possess a valid passport.
- This position requires the use of hired vehicles on company business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have acceptable driving privileges.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- May include creation of previously non-existent products or modification of existing products, including product line extensions, selection and testing of materials, ingredients, or components that will be suitable for the product.
- Responding to customer’s requests for a particular product or design. • Supports equipment installation and acceptance.
- Complies with lab policies.
- Ensures OSHA compliance in lab.
- Maintains cleanroom and equipment. Tracks consumable usage and reorders supplies as necessary.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision as well as with a team. Qualifications/Education/ Skills and Experience:
- Individual must have a four-year engineering degree. Chemical, Mechanical or Materials Science and Engineering degrees are preferred.
- Applicant should have at least five (5) to ten (10) years of process engineering experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to factory employees, engineers, researchers and technical Managers.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office software.
- Proficiency with JMP is required.
- Experienced with handling chemicals and in semiconductor processing for MEMS or IC applications. Project management skills for small projects.
- Must have Kepner-Tregoe Problem Solving Decision Making training.