- Working in close collaboration with the Mechanical Design Department in on design engineering competence localization for the North American market;
- Mechanical Design project and task management with local project team;
- Develop conceptual and detailed design drawings for complex mechanical systems in compliance with technical, economical and timeline specifications, previously aligned with supporting functions including global engineering, project team and partners/contractors;
- Close collaboration with process technology, electrical / software, purchasing and commissioning divisions of company, especially including close communication and information exchange with the Headquarters design engineering department;
- Provide strong technical support and documents to supply chain, manufacturing and assembly
- Assist the sales team with engineering expertise and technical concept development;
- Manage the design and review process for cost-effective development within budget;
- Approve and release design documents into manufacturing and supply chain considering standardization and quality control of repeatable manufacturing processes.
- Our client develops and manufactures advanced coating equipment for the deposition of micrometer to nanometer-thin functional layers on materials such as glass, metal strip, wafers and polymer films. These materials are the basis for products such as solar modules, architectural glass or smart phone displays.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferable in mechanical machine/systems design or vacuum process technology; Master Degree is a plus; at least five (5) years of proven mechanical design business experience;
- Profound understanding of the interactions between mechanical, electrical and technological components; experience with good understanding of manufacturing technology processes and the associated manufacturing cost structure to realize cost-optimized design solutions;
- Project Management skills, preferably in mechanical equipment design;
- Must have the ability to work independently, reliable, well-structured as well as solution oriented
- Fluent English in speaking, writing and reading;
- Excellent MS-Office skills and profound command of CAD programs; at least using well one 3D design software, preferably AutoCAD/Inventor and associated FEM;
- Excellent communication skills and outstanding team working spirit.