General Job Description:
This candidate will serve as technical representative of the engineering organization on projects and programs. Provide technical solutions to other members of the technical staff on special projects and may function in a project leadership role. Must be a self-starter with ability to take on a wide range of moderately complex assignments with some general direction.
- Apply sound engineering principles, product specifications and research data to create designs for systems and products for semiconductor industry.
- Perform engineering calculations including structural and thermal analysis and fluid dynamics problems.
- Create and revise Pro/ENGINEER CAD models and detail drawings, ranging in complexity from simple piece parts to large assemblies.
- Determine feasibility of product proposals, resolve problems based on technical inputs and develop new designs maintaining product design safety criteria.
- Prepare product/system designs and related engineering documentation for the manufacturing and testing of prototype and production released products. The documentation shall be complete and easy to follow.
- Project management duties include report generation, schedule creation and maintenance, design reviews and interdepartmental coordination.
- Provide assistance in establishing product configuration and structures on new products and features in both development and manufacturing environments.
- Present and participate in design reviews for unique customer driven specials, product enhancements and other new designs.
- Create, manage and execute engineering project plans, including task scheduling with Gantt charts and resource and cost estimates, using MS Project.
- Travel to customer sites to participate in technical discussions.
- Assist marketing, customers and vendors in preparation of cost estimates dealing with nonstandard options, new system features and product enhancements.
- Support projects in conjunction with technical staff, managers and manufacturing groups. Support development and testing of hardware to verify performance. Create test plans, verify and approve test procedures.
- Interface with other organizations on new product updates, and ensure a smooth transition of the product into the manufacturing cycle.
- Evaluate change requests and complete all aspects of engineering change orders.
- Performs self-inspection of all work, and is responsible for ensuring that all work performed adheres to documentation requirements, company policies and procedures.
- May be exposed to following hazardous materials used or exposed to hazardous environments while performing duties: loud noises, moving objects, flammable/toxic/corrosive materials, hot surfaces, lasers, infrared radiation, electrical/pneumatic (pressurized) circuits and adhesives. This will require that employee wear eye, hearing and hand protection as needed to be protected from exposure.
- This position will require the use of cleanroom apparel and safety equipment. This work normally requires extended periods of standing and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- BS Degree in mechanical engineering or related degree required. MS degree in mechanical engineering or related degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the engineering, design, and development of complex mechanical systems including: reactors, vacuum chambers, gas delivery systems, pneumatics, water cooling circuits, and vacuum systems required.
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Semiconductor capital equipment experience is required.
- Knowledgeable in the requirements for CE, NFPA, Semi S2-95 and other relevant standards as applicable to semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Understanding of materials: metals, plastics, surface coatings and surface finishes.
- Deposition product knowledge a plus (CVD, ALD, EPI, PVD).
- Computer background in Microsoft applications, Pro/ENGINEER and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in ANSI Y14.5 geometric dimension and tolerance.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; recommends product and process improvements.
- Able to work with a diverse team to achieve requirements and specifications on complex projects.
- Capability to provide and maintain resource coordination and reporting; interfacing with other organizations and outside vendors on resource requirements.