This individual will have responsibility for the assembly and test of company’s Laser Driven Light Sources and Extreme Ultraviolet Sources. Our precision instruments are used in technical and research applications throughout the world. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to work in a technical environment and be excited about new technologies. The Manufacturing Supervisor will be a key member of the Operations team and work closely with the Manufacturing Manager, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, Planning and Engineering. This individual will lead a team of Assembly and Test Technicians for the clean room operation, to ensure the highest quality product is produced for our customers.
- Responsibility and ownership of clean room Assembly/Test activities as well as overseeing effective Clean Room operating practices.
- Ensure the highest quality production output while maintaining efficient labor utilization.
- Coordinate personnel and test equipment to fulfill production build plan.
- Assess cross-training opportunities to strengthen manufacturing flexibility and provide career growth to the Team.
- Control and manage NCMRs to minimize any potential scrap.
- Work alongside the Manufacturing Manager to identify and act on opportunity to drive continuous improvement.
- Assist and investigate root cause identification; take corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage Team with focus on related KPIs and yearly production goals.
- Escalate, where needed, to support functions.
- Manage personnel issues within team – complete performance appraisals/development plans.
- 60-80% on-floor expected clean-room presence.
- Position requires a “hands-on” Supervisor. Additional duties may require physical movement of product/materials and printing of supporting materials.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations
- 3+ years’ experience in supervisory capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- Prior experience with Lean Manufacturing, 5S and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated proficiency using MRP systems, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of EHS, ISO 9001, OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Prior experience with lasers and precision optics a plus.