Looking for an experienced talented Global Account Manager (GAM) based out of the California Bay Area. The Global Account Manager is a strategic leadership position responsible for leading a matrixed global team responsible for the execution of the company strategy in support of a large global semiconductor WFE OEM. The ideal candidate has a proven record of developing business while increasing customer trust and loyalty, demonstrates strategic thinking and an ability to provide fact driven proposals to solve complex problems by leveraging a globally matrixed team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic leadership and coordination of a cross functional team of engineers, service technicians, customer service, product management and finance including aligning team resources and structure in order to effectively execute the global sales strategy.
- Demonstrated experience driving a corporate sales strategy through a globally matrixed team across multiple functions.
- Direct management of the team including annual reviews, personal development and objective setting in line with corporate objectives.
- Develop quarterly and annual strategic growth plans aimed at increasing market share and driving strategically important corporate objectives.
- Negotiate and coordinate global pricing and commercial conditions with the goal of achieving financial objectives by creating customer value without eroding product price.
- Build system roadmaps and work to displace the competition on legacy equipment and attain specification wins on all new system developments.
- Prepare annual and quarterly sales forecasts for presentation to management.
- Stay abreast of market intelligence and industry trends within the territory. Report findings and subsequent opportunities to US management and the product groups.
- Demonstrate leadership with peer groups and management helping to propagate a single team approach to the business.
- Proactively manage custom engineering projects and act as the liaison between the customer and the product groups at the European headquarters
- Provide technical assistance for product selection, promote the entire range of company products, provide quotes and follow opportunities through to completion at key accounts.
- Travel globally as required to serve the global account and to the European headquarters based on internal initiatives and customer projects.
- Lead in the contract and commercial negotiations and must coordinate efforts with company business unit leaders, global product managers, and Management.
- Actively demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior, and integrity in all aspects of GAM role.
- 4 year technical degree, Master’s degree, MBA preferred or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience managing a global account for a publicly traded company preferred
- Proven negotiation skills at C-level.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment, work under pressure and adapt to demands of a changing environment.
- Must be highly proficient with MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Dynamics CRM, Office applications, WebEx and PowerPoint.
- Vacuum Technology and system architecture knowledge required.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, analytical and communication skills, creativity, enthusiasm and a positive can-do approach required