SUMMARY: Responsible for process development of ion beam etch and deposition (IBE and IBD) processes for a variety of materials and applications. Ability to independently design, develop and test processes based on requirements set forth by Company or Company’s customers is important. Projects will be both individual and as part of a project team. Effective communication, internally within Company and externally with customers is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs process set-up and demonstration runs on Customer samples to illustrate standard capabilities of Ion Beam Etch and Deposition equipment
- Conducts gap analysis between standard Company equipment performance and Customer specified requirements
- Designs, performs and analyzes process modifications aimed at meeting Customer specifications
- Prepares technical reports for the Customer detailing the results of laboratory sampling
- Forms detailed plans to achieve project goals within equipment capability and within an appropriate timeframe.
- Designs, performs, and analyzes processes and assist in equipment modifications aimed at meeting project goals.
- Coordinates development work with customers/third parties
- Works effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Prepares reports detailing results of process/equipment development.
- Writes reports for external publication Contributes to the preparation of technical sales material
- Performs customer presentations
- Participates in technical visits during and after the sales cycle
- Provides technical support and trouble shooting on products in the field
- Applies formal problem solving methodologies to solve problems at customer sites
- Maintains current of technical progress in literature Contributes to technical specification reviews
- Demonstrates equipment / process capability during Internal Factory Acceptance testing (IAT)
- It is every employee’s responsibility to be aware of and adhere to the applicable Safety & Health, Quality and Environmental Process of Company, LLC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Physics, or related discipline is required
- Two years of experience with semiconductor processing, Ion Beam Etch or Deposition Equipment a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, major credit card (for business travel), and passport
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of analytical equipment, e.g. Nanospec TFA, SEM, Surface Profilometer, etc. Demonstrated ability to develop, prepare, and present complex technical material, for presentation or publication. Technical publication is encouraged with or without customer collaboration.
- Ability to communicate effectively interdepartmentally, and externally with customers, vendors, and the general public regarding equipment, processes, and applications.
- Must be able to use computer and be familiar with business and scientific software
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to travel (up to 60%) to the Customer site to achieve Final Acceptance Testing (FAT) requirements
- Must be able to read technical articles in English and communicate both verbally and in written form in English
- Knowledge of formal problem solving methodologies is a plus