Our Client is looking for an Engineer who will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of their analytical instruments and ancillary equipment. Experience with circuit design, board design, component level troubleshooting for equipment or instrumentation is desirable.
This position could require periodic travel to other locations to include Minneapolis, Shanghai, Taiwan, Sunnyvale, El Segundo and occasional travel to other sites.
This role is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR: a U.S. Person is a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Perform and log routine/preventive maintenance on instruments and peripherals according to maintenance plan/schedule.
- Troubleshoot and debug electronic circuitry (analog/digital)
- Perform circuit design, schematic capture and board level design.
- Find new sources or develop/design upgrades for obsolete parts and assemblies.
- As an electrical engineer, provide technical support and training to other service team members.
- Maintain and organize adequate stock levels of spare parts and peripherals.
- Maintain, organize, and create technical documentation, procedures, schematics, work instructions, and parts lists.
- Provide timely updates to management in the form of status reports and service reports.
- Assist with the development and implementation of computer-based service management system.
- Assist and support facility/infrastructure when needed to maintain suitable working environment for instruments.
- Must have a BS in electronics, electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of complex circuit design, schematic capture, board level design
- Strong problem investigation and resolution, debug and electronic troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with Cameca and Physical Electronics systems a plus.
- Must be highly skilled in proper use of tools of trade, able to operate independently and as part of team, provide and follow written and verbal instructions, effectively utilize multiple forms of communication (e-mail, phone, etc.), and maintain a professional and cordial manner towards co-workers, vendors, and customers throughout the daily execution of duties.