Amount of Travel Required: 10%
Under limited direction, manages the environmental, industrial, health and safety regulation compliance for one or multiple facilities. Oversees the development, planning, and implementation of environmental, health and safety policies; develops procedures (chemical safety, ergonomics, illness and injury prevention, and building safety) used throughout the company. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to environmental safety and handles all contact with appropriate agencies. Oversees licensed hazardous and radioactive waste disposal and monitors waste handling. Develops and oversees company training programs for employees in areas such as compliance training, lab/plant inspection, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, and life safety. Ensures appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Manages all department level duties including budget, contractor/vendor management, operations
- Manages the Development and maintenance of new and existing EH&S Programs.
- May conduct EH&S audits, surveys, and inspections, and collects data required by regulatory agencies.
- Ensures the company operational policies meet regulatory and permit requirements.
- Ensures appropriate regulatory reports, licenses, permits, and fees are current.
- Directs the make-up of Safety Committees and Emergency Response Team.
- Interface with regulatory audits, documents response and implements corrective actions where environmental health and safety hazards exist.
- Ensure the new facilities are designed in compliance with environmental health & safety regulations.
- Train and mentor EH&S I-II.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment compliant with safety policies.
- Complies with company’s safety policies, including participation in and completion of all required safety training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Chemical, Biology, Life Science, Engineering or similar disciplines
- 3 – 10 years experience in EHS, at least 2 years as EHS Manager
- Direct experience managing ISO 14001:2015 initiatives preferred
- Manage workers compensation, respirator fit testing, safety training
- Experience in semiconductor or manufacturing a plus
The ability to perform the identified essential functions of the classification, including the operation of any machinery and/or equipment that is associated with performing the essential functions.
The ability to perform the essential functions of the position in a cross cultural, demanding and dynamic environment.
The ability to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a direct threat of harm to him/herself, others or property.
The ability to adhere to COMPANY personnel policies and practices, including the attendance and punctuality requirements.
The ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines, and at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
Bachelors degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Management/Science, Industrial Relations, Business or equivalent experience.
Six (6) or more years related work experience, preferably in a professional office setting.Working knowledge of mechanical skills.
Strong Customer Relations skills.
Working knowledge of general policies and procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Working knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Strong relationship building skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal colleagues and customer.
Demonstrated leadership and program management.
Demonstrated teamwork and organizational skills.
Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.