- Performs startups through Tier III, including process qualifications with assistance. Understands all qualifications performed on tool and verifies operational quality (process qualification) of systems equipment, including ability to use customer’s metrology equipment. Plans for and completes all levels of preventive and corrective maintenance within timelines. Troubleshoots key technical issues at the component level. Diagnoses and recommends solutions for complex system downs. Uses process data to diagnose hardware problems. Resolves some sustaining process issues on well characterized tools.
- Troubleshoots key technical issues at the component level. Uses routine process data and on site data logging functions to diagnose system downs. Diagnoses and resolves hardware and software issues. May resolve sustaining process issues with assistance or on very well characterized tools.
- Performs complex retrofits.
- Ensures the correct revs of procedures and schematics. Identifies and corrects procedural issues. Applies global best practices to solve problems for the customer(s). Occasionally contributes to global best practices. Creates methodologies and procedures as necessary. Participates in patent processes/discussions and documents IP as appropriate.
- Anticipates and responds to fab issues, including communicating with FSE’s in other locations. Drives corrective processes through key stakeholders or escalates as appropriate. Communicates findings to others and provides suggestions to improve checklists and procedures. Participates in customer meetings and escalations.
- Within assigned scope, assists management in operation of site service business. Assists management in establishing and achieving objectives for assigned accounts. Keeps field management informed on customer perception of system performance. Takes initiative to avoid and resolve customer problems. May occasionally initiate projects to drive down costs or increase uptime.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced FSE’s on complex system problems including sustaining process issues. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of system.
- Follows all checklists and procedures, including safety.
- Has developed depth of skills in a range of processes, procedures, and systems, or acts as the technical expert in an area.
- Uses knowledge of how related teams impact achievement of objectives.
- Understands the impact of various actions/decisions on the account(s). Takes initiative to avoid and resolve customer problems.
- Gathers and analyzes data to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent.
- Impacts own team and other teams whose work activities are closely related; suggests improvements to existing processes and solutions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Evaluates and communicates technical content in a clear manner.
- Excellent communication skills, practices respectful dialogue, behaves with integrity at all times.
- Education: Associates Degree preferred
- Years of Experience: 3-5 Years’ Experience working with semiconductor capital equipment in a production environment.