- Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Birthday Recognition, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
SUMMARY: The Gas Product Manager is responsible for defining new system requirements, implementing new designs and packaging the features into product releases. This position involves close interaction with Engineering, Sales Manager, and key customers. A strong technical or engineering background is required. Job duties include gathering requirements from existing and potential customers as well as recent evaluators, writing market technical documents and monitoring the implementation of each product project.
The Gas Product Manager has the technical competence to help Engineering understand the intent of requirements so that they can build better specifications. Provide detailed engineering for the design and construction of high purity gas systems. Work with the design team to research, specify and select system components for new designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Work closely with the customer to understand their gas system requirements applying these requirements to new and existing systems.
- Ability to analyze data directly from the company’s product database. Utilizing this data, to make more informed decision on where the product they manage should be going and what needs to be developed.
- Manage engineering and design projects providing coordination between other engineers, designers, Purchasing, and Manufacturing.
- Ability to write technical documents and give technical presentations with the customer.
- Schedule and run project meetings, document meeting minutes and action items, and track and manage completion of action items.
- Designs and develops new products and product subassemblies for system applications.
- Ensure all system designs meet required codes and standards.
- Work with system designers to provide direction and review of detailed system drawings.
- Analyze flow and function requirements and engineer solutions to meet these requirements.
- Ensure safe design and operation of gas systems.
- Test and provide feedback and recommendations on new systems.
- Provide input and support for the construction of manufacturing equipment (manufacturing engineering).
- Assist in development and enforcement of engineering standards and procedures including quality and change management programs.
- Provide support for project quotations.
- Explore and recommend alternate processes and equipment to improve throughput, quality and employee safety.
- Work to improve product quality and assist in the continued improvement of quality systems.
- Assist the engineering department in the training of manufacturing staff in building new products and using new processes.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: none
SPECIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project Management
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage simultaneous projects.
- Must be diligent, thorough, conscientious and goal oriented.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Must excel in a team environment, have strong communication and interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Experience with gas distribution systems.
- Experience with SOLIDWORKS and AutoCAD.
- Experience with mechanical structures required.
- Experience with design and manufacturing.
- Strong personal computer skills including experience with Word and Excel.
Education and/or experience
- BSME in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred but will consider AS with relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in gas system design, installation and operation.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from small and large groups
Ability to apply mathematical skills and analyze performance trends in data; Demonstrated experience applying structured problem-solving and decision-making tools and methods.
Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, and suggest solutions; Ability to develop and support conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and move material. The employee frequently is required to walk, bend, lift and use arms, hands and fingers to reach, lift, handle, and feel products. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move products up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics include periodic noise increases, although for the most part the environment is usually quiet. Safety glasses and other required protection should be worn when out in the shop area.