If you have a proven background in design and manufacture of high temperature electric furnaces and heating elements and want to take your career to the next level with a global leader, we want to hear from you!
My Clientdesigns and manufactures “custom” high temperature electric heating equipment and control systems for industrial applications up to 1800C including ceramics and glass, chemical & mineral processing, non-ferrous metals, aerospace & electronics. Designs include box, elevator, top hat, car bottom, rotary tube calciners, & crucible furnaces. Processes include firing/sintering, de-binding, melting, & annealing. My client also manufactures metallic resistance heating elements and provides other types of elements for industrial heating applications. My client has complete design and fabricating capabilities for new equipment or for redesigns and upgrades.
Key performance area
Grow the company furnace business via direct sales. Open new accounts and expand business with existing accounts working with both project type and repetitive business. Develop an in-depth knowledge of the customer and market requirements within the specified sales region.
Additionally, the Furnace Equipment Sales Manager will:
- Ensure personal and team safety and promote a ‘Safety First’ culture.
- Develop, lead, and execute sales plan in your area of responsibility.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of all Company product offerings, current markets, value propositions and competitors
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of Company’s current customer base as well as areas for growth potential in the future.
- Identify trend setting ideas relating to Company’s core competences by researching specific industries, events, publications and announcements
- Communicate potential new business ideas to various levels of the organization
- Investigate and focus on new applications in which heating technology can be used, implemented and developed
- Work closely with both internal and external parties to execute pre-agreed strategies built around developing new business growth.
- Communicate to Sales Management all requested input associated with key competitors and market trends.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Furnace industry experience preferred. Electric furnace sales experience preferred.
- An understanding of how electric furnaces operate a plus. Heat loading, control panels etc.
- Technical Degree required. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
- Glass or ceramics industry experience would be a plus.
- 60% overnight travel required.
- Structured personality with strong commitment
- Capacity to handle high workloads
- Strong communication skills and developed contact network into heating related industries
- Service minded personality
- Fluency in English is mandatory