Primary Purpose: To ensure that Company equipment is fully functional and available for customer use from a software / firmware (and hardware where appropriate) perspective involving regular extensive travel on a worldwide basis. Support the World-Wide Service team on site and in house.
- Respond quickly to emergency breakdowns, warranty service and service contract work. Provide technical troubleshooting and liaison with customers on all software and hardware related issues. Ensure that effective and accurate communication is maintained between all relevant parties and ensure that information is fed back to Service Management and Software Management so that all files may be up-dated effectively.
- Be involved with installation and commissioning of equipment when required, including operation and maintenance software training at customer sites.
- Produce modifications to legacy software and configure existing software in collaboration with the software department.
- Provide a report of work done analyzing time spent with customer, travelling etc., and help to ensure that all chargeable work is invoiced to the customer promptly.
- Liaise with technical Support, Systems Engineering and software department on any potential or actual system problems Evaluate implications of changes to systems (e.g. safety and usability).
- Liaise with Sales Team to provide useful background information
- Resolve PC software issues on customers returned PC’s, load and configure PC upgrades. Deal with software field issues in house.
- Manage the archiving of ghosted software.
- Developing and conducting software training courses for Field System Engineers.
- Maintain a safe working environment and the safety of the product. Maintain and promote the implementation of professional standards. Maintain and adhere to ISO procedures. Maintain the professional image of the company.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably required by the Company.
- All employees have a personal responsibility for their own health and safety and for that of others who may be affected by their actions and behavior.
- All employees will comply with the Company’s arrangements for health, safety and environmental protection.
Education / Qualifications:
- Formal software programming qualification.
- Substantial relevant experience and training.
- Experienced in Borland C++ & PLC ladder language.
- Degree / HNC or equivalent in an appropriate Engineering discipline preferred.
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of C, experience of embedded programming under a real time executive. Particularly experience of Philips LPC2xxx ARM 7 microprocessor using Keil Real view toolset.
- Experience in writing device drivers for CAN bus.
- Experience of MISRA-C Guidelines for the use of C language in critical systems preferred.