Key performance areas
As the Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing activities concerned with installation, investigation, and / or resolution of customer required technical support at the customer site and at company’s facility CA. You will develop, run, and troubleshoot various semiconductor diffusion processes. You will also maintain records of performance and communicate status through daily reports to managers.
You will also be responsible for participating, supporting and maintaining compliance to the company’s Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems policies, procedures, programs, and activities as defined within the company’s published management system documentation.
This role is field based – location is flexible
The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from college or university, and five (5) years related experience and / or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Field Service Engineer should also possess:
- Strong written and oral communication skills with customers and representatives.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as factions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and interpret technical training materials. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions. Deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Self-sufficiency and able to work from a home-based/virtual office
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally, up to 75%.
- Valid driver license, passport, and personal credit card may be required for use while on assignments
- Horizontal diffusion process knowledge a plus.