Provides comprehensive service on assigned equipment maintaining high customer satisfaction, timeliness, accuracy, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and safety.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, commissions, and maintains products at user’s site. Perform modifications or retrofits as needed
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and calibrates products via telephone or at user’s site
- Provides training for customers and others in the effective operation, calibration, and maintenance of products
- Maintains accurate records and issue complete and timely reports on equipment operations.
- Responsible for corporate toolbox
- Provides support to the factory and trade shows as required
- Accumulates histories of equipment performance, commercial relationships, and commercial opportunities
- Maintains contact with Field Service Coordinator to facilitate effective scheduling
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 year technical degree in electrical mechanical or engineering
- Minimum five years’ related experience as a Field Service Engineer
- Minimum three years’ experience in optics, laser, and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment experience is required
- MUST HAVE Etch or PVD or CVD tool experience
- Has performed multiple on-site installations
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, major credit card (for business travel), and passport
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals and reports
- Ability to compile reports and compose routine correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, and respond to common inquires, complaints, and requests
- Ability to effectively deal with customers and negative situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion.
- Ability to travel extensively to support customer needs