The Field Service Engineer will install systems and upgrades for our customers, repair equipment and provide training for customers. They will be responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of the customer’s equipment. Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers as well as performing necessary administrative duties as required and other duties as assigned.
- Repair, install, troubleshoot, inspect and modify company equipment at customer sites and in-house workshop.
- Assess customer needs in regards to maintenance, spare parts, modernization, and improvement of process.
- Provide technical support externally and internally.
- Develop, organize and provide customer and internal training programs.
- Assist Customer Service to generate quotations and orders.
- Special projects such as product development, sales visits to customers/vendors and demonstration of equipment to customers/vendors.
- Promote Customer Service and help customers to plan future service.
- Travel within U.S. & Canada (approx. 50-75%), occasional travel to Mexico and Europe.
- Must arrive to work predictably and promptly
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors in Engineering or accredited technical degree or equivalent training or experience in a field of technology such as electrical, mechanical, vacuum technology, thin film, physics or similar field
- Previous field service experience is preferred
- Allen Bradley or Siemens knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrates leadership as an effective role model for the department in tasks both internal and external to the company.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities; able to communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing internally and externally.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make decisions independently, effectively, and creatively within established company guidelines.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Works as a proactive team player with an ownership approach to work; understands the importance of supporting the company, its members and their customers.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, problem solve, and give direction regarding problem resolutions for individual and company issues.
- Maintains discipline, recommending and administering corrective action according to company policy and procedures.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Maintain valid driving license.