California (Northern or Southern)
A key role in the territory, the Field Applications Specialist for Microscopy Systems will support the Regional Sales Engineers in achieving the territory sales target, through providing advanced Pre and Post Sales imaging application support to facilitate sales. The specialist will develop markets, build sales pipelines, and demonstrate products and advanced imaging applications to the customers to facilitate and close sales. The specialist will optimize the customer experience and develop loyalty to the company brand. Within defined territory and within close proximity of major airport(s). Ideal location is Northern or Southern California.
Key tasks and duties
- Develop and execute Sales strategies and goals with the sales engineers for products in your region to achieve the territories sales targets
- Support current business and generate new business through providing advanced application and sales support
- Develop key opinion leader contacts and relationships to support market development and sales within the region
- Coordinate and demonstrate instruments in customer laboratories and provide applications support to potential customers to build pipeline and advance opportunities through the sales pipeline to closure
- Provide additional customer training and application support to maximise customer experience, satisfaction, and to build brand loyalty
- Assess Customer Special Request requirements, recommend the most appropriate solution, & evaluate products and service offerings in terms of manufacturing and the customers technical needs
- Conduct workshops, seminars, or focus groups in line with agreed plans
- Support Third Party Resellers and Channel Partners through on site, web, phone, and customer facing training
- Any other duties as may be reasonably be required from time to time by your line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or equivalent experience in a life science discipline required.
- Postgraduate degree in a life science discipline highly desirable.
- Experienced and highly competent in using fluorescence microscopy and/or confocal microscopy for biological research required OR Successful experience in technical sales involving high-end microscopy imaging products
- Prior experience selling or experience with confocal and/or EMCCD microscopy systems preferred.
- Establishes relationships with customers and strengthens this through clarity and competence
- Applies relevant knowledge of current customers to grow the business
- Takes ownership of customer problems and issues, works to resolve them and see them through to resolution. Is flexible, does “the right thing” and spends time understanding and meeting customer needs.
- Consultative solutions selling experience
Motivation & Drive
- Has a positive attitude that fosters a pro-active ethos in the rest of the team and department
- Is ambitious for the business and the future of Company Technology
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to communicate technical information in concise and understandable manner. Outstanding communication skills both verbally and written. Prior experience in making technical presentations.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Team-oriented, methodical with attention to detail.
- Ability to travel as required to meet the needs of the role which is expected to be at or above 50% of the time, with a majority of that time being overnight travel. Some International travel will be required.
- Driver’s License required.
- Able to work outside core hours when required.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Industry knowledge: acquire and maintain knowledge of full Company product range and know where they fit in the market.
- Well-developed and demonstrated presentation skills.