15 – 35% travel required
The Field Application Engineer (FAE)
- represents the technical interface to the customer and is the technical expert on the customer processes, applications and tools.
- is identifying challenges and opportunities on customer site and recognizes new business opportunities for COMPANY as well as upcoming challenges at the customer before reaching “official” reporting channels with the goal to increase the share of wallet.
- is guiding the customer in finding better solutions for its products.
- acts strongly on the technical level and on further trends at the customer processes and identifies future product requirements.
- Responsible for specification for new product developments and existing product improvements.
- Responsible for local customer support during New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Responsible for execution and support of experiments e.g. test valves at customer site.
- Provide accurate and precise answers to application related technical customer requests.
- Reliable technical contributor in projects for both headquarters and customer.
- Voice of headquarters project team in customer projects.
- Voice of customer in product development projects.
- Takes technical decisions together with customer based on general BU guidelines. Detail consultation with HQ not in every case required.
- Identify customer technical roadmaps and communicate to Product Managers.
- Support Product Managers in defining actual and future product requirements in order to protect and increase the share of wallet for COMPANY worldwide.
- Support complex technical escalations at customers and end users in cooperation with responsible Product Manager.
- Support the sales entities of COMPANY in customer acquisition and negotiations, and proactively drive the product specification process.
- Contributes to the COMPANY application engineering network
- Carefully monitor competitor landscape, run competition analysis and work out COMPANY’s competitive advantage
Additional Requirements & Remarks
- Technical skills in the field of the customer processes, valve applications, or platforms.
- Awareness of on-time delivery, quality, and meeting commitments.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) for communication with COMPANY.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).