- Troubleshoot and debug electronic circuitry (analog/digital)
- As an electrical engineer, provide technical support to other service team members.
- Perform and log routine/preventive maintenance on instruments and peripherals according to maintenance plan/schedule.
- Maintain and organize adequate stock levels of spare parts and peripherals.
- Find new sources or develop/design upgrades for obsolete parts and assemblies.
- Maintain, organize, and create technical documentation, procedures, schematics, work instructions, and parts lists.
- Provide timely updates to management in the form of status reports and service reports.
- Assist with the development and implementation of computer-based service management system.
- Assist and support facility/infrastructure when needed to maintain suitable working environment for instruments.
- AS degree in electronics, electrical engineering with 5+ years experience troubleshooting equipment or instrumentation and repairing high voltage circuitry, high vacuum systems, analog/digital circuitry, electro-mechanical assemblies, and related systems OR BSEE with 2+ years of experience.
- Service experience with spectrometers, SEM, TEM, X-Ray instrumentation is desirable.
Must be highly skilled in proper use of tools of trade, able to operate independently and as part of team, provide and follow written and verbal instructions, effectively utilize multiple forms of communication (e-mail, phone, etc.), and maintain a professional and cordial manner towards co-workers, vendors, and customers throughout the daily execution of duties.