As a member of the Global Sales and Services business unit, the Account Manager position is responsible for a Strategic Customer’s product line sales and customer level product satisfaction. The position is responsible for the growth, product penetration and viability of COMPANY Front-End Business products worldwide.
The primary responsibilities for this role are to coordinate and lead the selling of COMPANY products and process solutions, developing and maintaining relationships with, and ensuring business continuity is established and sustained for key product lines at a Strategic Customer.
The position requires significant engagement with the customer and the ability to position complex technical solutions at the process unit and integrated level. The position also requires the ability to identify technical problems and solution sets and lead the coordination of key internal stakeholders to include the Product Unit technical teams, Product Unit Marketing and Business Development teams and the coordination of the local Program and Support teams to interact with and maintain contact with high level personnel at the customer to influence the need for COMPANY’s value added product solutions.
The position will also require the development of an account plan and strategy that enhances COMPANY’s ability to engage in future technology collaborations, enable incremental sales of our existing product offerings and support up-selling efforts in our installation base.
General Description and Duties of Position:
- Acts as the primary interface between the Key Product Unit and Customer on technical issues related to new product introduction, sustaining development, or HVM process transfer. Initiates reports necessary for communicating customer technical issue(s) directly with the Key Product Unit.
- Develops and maintains customer relationship with all relevant individuals, at all levels. Works closely with the customer on their site.
- Ability to travel, as necessary, to the Key Product Unit for training and technical engagement, as well as to other COMPANY sites, as needed. The primary Customer focus will be at a site in Hillsboro, Oregon.
- Engage as a creative problem solver with experience in developing new films for emerging applications and has experience in chemistry/materials characterization.
- Innovative ideas are requisite. The candidate must remain abreast of state-of-the-art processing applications in the semiconductor industry to be effective in their role.
- Must understand the Intellectual Property boundaries between COMPANY and the Customer and be able to maintain IP, as appropriate, during all external and internal interactions.
- Compliments our “safety first” culture throughout the organization
- Oversees COMPANY interests in marketing, sales, and pricing; process performance; hardware/software performance and product evolution
- Represents the company as the senior point of contact and the primary technical / commercial interface with the customer
- Identify opportunities to support customer processes and hardware development (both new development and CIP – continuous improvement projects).
- Works closely with the Customer and drive the Key Product teams to design and conduct experiments (new development, CIP, troubleshooting) to develop new opportunities for COMPANY processes and hardware introduction at the Customer site.
- Maintains a technical proficiency to anticipate customer requirements and applications for future business. Overall responsible for the introduction of new product and process technologies at the customer
- Understands the Intellectual Property boundaries between COMPANY and the Customer and be able to maintain IP, as appropriate, during all external and internal interactions.
- Prepare sales and business plans with recommendations to product lines for development opportunities. Participates in the development of the product lines annual forecast and sales strategy
- Owns overall customer satisfaction specific to the key product managed
- Manages order book and forecast for the applicable product lines and resolving commercial issues in the customer working groups
- Candidates at all levels (B.S., M.S, and PhD) with a degree in physical chemistry, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, materials science, or physics will be considered.
Experience & Skills
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess 8+ years in Account Management, Sales, Field Applications or related activities in the Semiconductor Capital Equipment Industry.
- Candidate must have experience in application of dielectric and/or metal films for logic and memory structures. Experience in Epitaxial Film growth and integration is preferred.
- Ability to independently manage complex process development projects, including personnel, project schedules, experimental thrusts, and Customer interfacing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to clearly communicate advanced technical constructs in direct and concise manner.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience for which comparable knowledge, skills and ability has been achieved in the areas of processing, developing and characterizing films deposited by ALD, PEALD, PVD, CVD, PECVD, and/or MOCVD techniques.
- Team leadership and previous management experience preferred.