Maintain ownership responsibility for all electrical aspects of equipment designs from initial concept through detailed design, test, installation and support.
- Work within an Engineering team including Mechanical, Electrical, Optical, and Software Engineers to develop system level solutions to complex requirements.
- Designing and implementing control systems for multi-million-dollar precision automated capital equipment for the semiconductor and medical industries.
- Lead (conceptual, preliminary and final) design reviews for control and power distribution subsystems with participation from all engineering disciplines, to help validate concept, detail design, and complete documentation package prior to engineering release.
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards and guidelines.
- Designs, develops, and tests electrical equipment, components, or systems for customized automated production equipment.
- Electrical and electronics schematics interconnect drawings, I/O lists, motor sizing, etc.
- Control component selection and testing
- Define interfaces between control components
- Work with design team to select hardware components
- Support start up and troubleshooting of the automation equipment.
- Analyze machine performance and perform root cause analysis and recommend corrective actions as required.
- Applies advanced engineering theories, methods, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex technical challenges (FMEA, DFX, FEA and others).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of increasingly demanding electrical work experience.
- Broad knowledge of motor controllers, stepper motors, servo motors, piezo actuators, linear & rotary encoders, servo tuning and automation/industrial controls
- Experience with machine startup processes
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix, SoftLogix, RSLinx, RSview, Transaction Manager
- Experience with embedded firmware applications like Rabbit and FPGA/Xilinx experience
- Newport or Aerotech linear translation stage experience a plus
- Introductory knowledge of PLCs, ladder logic, and C; knowledge of Dynamic C a plus
- Proficiency in Auto CAD Electrical or similar electrical design and schematic capture tool, plus analytical tools necessary to support design activities
- General knowledge of pneumatic systems and components
- Effectively performs tasks independently while receiving little instruction on a day-to-day basis;
- Interacts well with co-workers and senior management as well as external personnel. Good verbal and written communication skills