You will be supporting the design and development efforts of vacuum coating equipment. This also includes Photovoltaic Thin-Film/Si, Glass, Web, Metal Strip, & EB-PVD Systems. In addition, you will have to carry out the following tasks:
- Work in close collaboration with the Electrical Designers at headquarters in Germany on design engineering competence and localization efforts for the North American market
- Develop conceptual and detailed design drawings & products for complex electrical systems based on the requirements of the customer & company
- Present design plans & technical documentation to company engineering departments
- Close collaboration with the company service, project management, process technologists, mechanical / software engineers, and other divisions of company in support of design, development, testing, and quality control programs
- Performing a wide range of electrical engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Ensure that installation & operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials
- Collaborate with Project Managers and develop accurate accounting of all electrical engineering hours required for various types of internal & external projects
- Assist VA sales team with electrical engineering expertise and technical concept development
- Provide strong technical support and documents to service, supply chain, manufacturing, and installation/commissioning teams
Must have an Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (preferable Bachelor’s Degree) and a minimum of 4-7 years of experience in automation engineering, mechatronics, or a similar role, engineering background a plus. You are experienced with working in a multinational team. Furthermore:
- Good understanding and knowledge in electrical engineering techniques and practices which would be required for global customer facilities including North America, Asian, and European countries.
- Proven understanding, knowledge and ability to trouble-shoot electrical issues
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes and safety requirements.
- Experience in electrical design for machinery equipment
- Basic knowledge in IEC and in NEC standards
- Experience with E-CAD systems like EPLAN or E³.series
- Good knowledge in SCCR requirements
- Expert with MS Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- German language proficiency desired
- Ability and willingness to visit customers worldwide and take part in joint developments in Germany