Responsibilities and requirements
- Operations Director is a critical member of the management team. The ideal candidate must be a very strong business process oriented person and act as a partner to the peer functions, such as sales, account teams, operations, finance and service. The Operations Director must have strong leadership abilities and have demonstrated an ability to bring people together from various levels and functions in the company to achieve a common goal.
- Must also have significant experience driving projects through to completion involving multiple departments and stakeholders including operations, sales, finance, IT and more.
- Develop and mentor key talents in the Operations and other departments, work to build and foster an environment of positive teamwork within the Sales Operations department and across all other functions in the organization.
- Build management reporting package covering inventory level, order management and delivery analytics
- Build relationships and maintain a strong matrix reporting line with corporate headquarters and the company Operations to proactively drive fact-based business decisions and ensure transparency to all regional operation matters.
- Drive monthly forecasting for discrete and consignment orders, revenue and consignment inventory development.
- Directly responsible for executing the ins and outs of the company inventories including onsite consignment for customers as well as inventory of standard products for quick sale.
- Develop, maintain, and execute the soft and physical inventory process to ensure accuracy and work to resolve any discrepancies if required.
- Manage inventories to ensure accurate inventory levels and associated KPI’s while maintaining continuity of supply for customers
- Lead a team of customer service representatives, sales operations, and logistics professionals.
- Streamline business processes and work to shorten the cash conversion cycle while maintaining accurate order management.
- Impress upon the organization and direct team the importance of creating a positive customer experience
- Main escalation point for all delivery and order management topics and work together with counterparts at the global facilities to resolve issues quickly and pragmatically.
- Lead operations and logistics related projects domestically and internationally by working with the various stakeholder groups in the company.
Additional Requirements & Remarks
- Must be willing to take hands on approach to problem solving.
- Must have an innate desire to business process improvements and drive projects to resolution across all areas of the business.
- Fluency in English for communication with global company.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent communicator within the organization, constantly seeking to align with stakeholders across the organization.
Key Performance Indicator (KPIs)
- Trade working capital
- Corporate EBITDA
- Invoice Accuracy
- Inventory Accuracy
- On time delivery
Formal Education & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field required
- MBA degree preferred
- 15+ years of progressive experience in operations, order and inventory management including 5+ years of experience managing teams and mentoring direct reports.
- Experience in sales and distribution business requiring strong inventory management focus and controls
- Experience in business process engineering and continuous improvement initiatives
- International business experience a plus