Job Description Summary:
The Director of Software Development will lead a small team of software engineers and outside resources to develop, debug, troubleshoot, and maintain complex multiprocess and multitasking control systems used in our Vertical Furnace products. Some products are Linux-based, multiprocess systems written in a mix of C and C++. Others are Windows-based, multitasking systems written in C# with Linux and PLC based subsystems. Knowledge and experience with both is required.
You must be comfortable working with various internal groups and teams and manage multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines.
This position reports to the president of the company and has high visibility across all departments as well as our parent company based in Japan.
- Set priorities and establish schedules for the team.
- Interface with an industry leading external software development partner to set priorites and establish schedules.
- Be the primary customer interface for all things related to software on our systems. This includes conducting regular customer coordination meetings.
- Be the internal expert on the capabilities of our software and assist sales and marketing with responses to customer RFQ’s.
- Direct the team in the use of our current CVS source control system as well as the ongoing migration to GIT.
- Directly contribute to the development and maintenance of our software.
- Work with the software team to troubleshoot issues with the existing codebase as well as add new features.
- Work with the team to create and execute test plans for any changes prior to release.
- Work with the team to provide customer technical support for key software issues.
- Present ideas to senior staff for product and internal process improvements that would result in improved performance and revenue generation.
- Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- > 10 years’ hands-on software development experience.
- >5 years’ leadership experience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and handle shifting priorities professionally.
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with both functional and Object-Oriented programming.
- C, C++, C#
- Experience with hardware control system software development, preferably with semiconductor equipment control.
- Working knowledge of databases, including backup, restore, and migration capabilities
- Microsoft SQLServer, PostgreSQL
- Valid driver’s license, passport, and ability to travel at short notice.
Other Desirable Experience:
- Familiarity with SEMI-Standards (e.g., E30, E40, E87, E90, E94).
- Familiarity with PEER Group PTO software.
- Familiarity with Motif software development.
- Familiarity with PLC logic and programming.