Company is seeking a highly-motivated Director of Sales with a proven record of achieving annual sales goals. In this position you will be managing a global team of Outside Sales Managers, Inside Sales Team, Distributors and Reps that focus on B2B sales in high tech industries focused on Semiconductor, Photonics, Telecom, and Medical Devices as well as working closely with the R&D department to define new product opportunities. The ideal candidate has a technical background and has developed sales strategies to drive revenue growth across multiple markets and applications in the high tech industry. Experience with international sales environments and travel at least 50% of the time is required in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Motivate the global sales team. Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales programs.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives. Monitor results in monthly sale dashboard to measure effectiveness.
- Develops and recommends product positioning and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Identify new market needs and work closely with R&D team for successful product development programs.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Identify competitor products and impact to sales.
- Represents Company at trade shows to promote products and identify new opportunities.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales team with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
Education: BS in Technical or Business related field
Experience: 10 years outside sales with 5 years in sales management
Computer Skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM