In this position you will lead the Specialty Gases/Precursors R&D team. You will engage and collaborate with regional businesses, customers, OEMs and suppliers globally to identify, develop and commercialize new products, including novel chemistries, purification technologies, trace analytical methods, and packaging/delivery systems for the semiconductor market.
Successful candidates will champion the Stage/Gate innovation process to develop technical solutions that meet market needs, demonstrating a deep understanding of semiconductor manufacturing technology requirements, strong leadership skills, a team-oriented focus, and good business acumen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute R&D programs for high-value products safely, on time and on budget. Lead technical deliverables specification, proof-of-concept demonstration, customer qualification, and technology transfer to manufacturing.
- Recommend and gain business support for new product development programs consistent with both market needs and Company’s business strategy. Leverage external partners on development initiatives.
- Develop key customer and OEM technical collaborations.
- Contribute to developing Company product technology roadmaps and intellectual property portfolio.
- Provide technical support as needed to enable sales growth, including technical market assessments, technical sales support and assistance troubleshooting of product quality issues.
- Manage, coach, and develop direct reports.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, or related field
- 7 or more years product development experience utilizing Electronics specialty gases / precursors in the semiconductor or related industry
- 5 or more years technical project and people management experience
- Fundamental knowledge of semiconductor fabrication processes and plasma processing systems, including advanced ALD/CVD thin film deposition and etch
- Demonstrated success in new product and process development and commercial deployment
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel
- 10 or more years product development experience utilizing Electronics specialty gases / precursors in the semiconductor or related industry
- Experience in developing and commercializing new Electronics specialty gases / precursors at major Electronics customers
- Experience in atomic layer deposition precursors
- Technical know-how in UHP gas purification, reactive/corrosive and air-sensitive materials, trace analysis, packaging/delivery systems