- Carry out the commissioning of equipment including operational and maintenance training requirements
- Respond to emergency breakdowns for any warranty and service contract work.
- Provide a visit report for each customer visit, detailing work completed, outstanding issues, time spent on site, travelling and help to ensure that all chargeable work is invoiced to the customer promptly.
- Authorize system ‘buy-off’ prior to shipment either with or in the absence of the customer.
- Liaise with technical support and systems engineering on any potential or actual system problems.
- Share key learning with the Customer Services Manager to ensure colleagues benefit
- Participate in professional and technical development training
- Liaise with Sales Team to provide useful background information.
- Help to maintain an accurate record of the status of systems, timing of warranty, parts supplied and service contracts.
- Provide detailed and accurate record of expense incurred on behalf of the Company.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably requested by Plasma.
- Take responsibility for your health and safety and for that of others who may be affected by your actions and behavior.
- Comply with Plasma’s and customers arrangements for health, safety and environmental protection.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our processes to improve the experience of customers and colleagues.
Indicative Performance Measures
- Customer satisfaction indicators, system down time.
Education / Qualifications:
- Formal relevant qualification, i.e. electronics based
- Substantial relevant experience and training.
- Fluent English speaker.
Preferred but not essential:
- HNC or other professional qualifications.
- Combined mechanical and electrical skills/qualifications.
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
- Have logical fault-finding skills
- Effective relationship building skills
- Be prepared to travel worldwide
- Able to work on own initiative
- Clear, confident communicator
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to interpret Electrical and Mechanical drawings
- Good PC / PLC experience preferred
- Experience of Semi-Conductor or closely related high-Tech Electronic industry.
Preferred (But not necessary):
- Used to working in a clean room environment
- Service background
- Vacuum Experience.
- Customer focused
- Flexible, co-operative and willing
- Takes Accountability
- Willingness to travel
- Positively contributes to the team to achieve departmental/company goals. Shares information and knowledge to improve own and others contribution to the business.
- Takes responsibility for his/her own work and seek ways to continually improve the level of customer satisfaction, internally and externally.