The effective provision of customer support for company products. The role will encompass a range of tasks to include; carrying out product repairs and upgrades, demo equipment preparation, assisting staff and distributors with technical queries, shipment of products, plus facilitating the efficient handling of customer returns.
- Meet agreed team and individual performance objectives
- Provide direct support to customers, distributors and company staff for cameras and spectrograph products
- Carry out repairs including to electronics and PCB.
- Schedule and perform customer upgrades of cameras and spectrographs.
- Testing of demo units and preparing for demonstration purposes.
- Represent company in a professional manner
- Provide concise and accurate reports in a timely manner
- Attend training in Belfast as required (estimated at 2 visits per year but this may vary)
- Any other duties as may be reasonably be required from time to time by your line manager
- Prepare and ship products, including demo units, RMAs going to factory and returns to customer.
- Carrying out incoming inspection of new products.
- Preparing paperwork for export license control.
- A degree in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer Literacy
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English, both written and orally
- Degree in electrical / electronic engineering
- Experience working with high value products
- Experience working in a customer facing role.
- Experience with Cameras or Spectrographs
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Takes ownership of customer problems and issues, works to resolve them and see them through to resolution.
- Is flexible, does “the right thing” and spends time understanding and meeting customer needs.
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving:
- Demonstrates accountability for own decisions
- Clearly defines the nature of a problem and articulates the required outputs for resolution
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Team-oriented, methodical with attention to detail.