As a Configuration Manager, you’ll have the opportunities to get involved in a wider scope of work compared to our larger competitors. While the workload is challenging, you are given the independence and autonomy to perform at your peak. This work requires thinking “outside of the box” in an innovative manner, so you must have the ability to collaborate with others to deliver creative solutions, work well under pressure and pay great attention to small details.
- Factory Facing role, handles current products and new product introduction
- Manages product structure trees to define the BOMs (Bill of Materials) of new and existing products. Optimizes product structure to ensure product configurability and commonality of components across products
- Create a click-and-go variant configuration system that minimizes cycle time from RFQ (request for quotation) to BOM configuration
- Defines the configurations and options to be used by business development and sales to fill orders. Develops and maintains necessary configurator files and databases for this purpose.
- Gets handoff for new product BOMs from project management and works to put them into a running product structure
- Drives convergence of product family by combining existing platforms with similar functionalities
- Drives standardization of options within a product family to reduce complexity of product design, configuration, build and cost
- Manages obsolescence of released / legacy products
- Responsible for cutting in CIP (Continuous Improvement Projects) components into existing BOMs for released products
- Manages CES and NSO (Customer Engineering Specials and Non-System Orders)
- Tracks all products installed base
- Drives harmonization of OFE business processes between global KPUs (Key Product Units)
- Lead internal and external organizations to meet project milestones and performance targets
- Participate in regular forecast, production schedules and material requirements reviews with manufacturing team include change control boards
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS Degree in Material Science, Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or equivalent technical education
- 7+ years of experience in semiconductor Industry in roles such as product line management, product engineering, manufacturing engineering, configuration engineering, project management, manufacturing, materials management, field service or product support preferred
- Configurator tool experience required. SAP Variant Configuration (VC) and SAP Product Structure Management (PSM) experience preferred.
- Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) systems required.
- Experience with product structure management, manufacturing operations and CMII change management principles preferred
- Experience with BOMs, CIP and CES and NSO preferred
- Experience with engineering design would be a plus
- Ability and willingness to work closely with teams across different global time zones