Under the direct supervision of President & CEO, the CFO is a key member of the senior executive staff and lead all financial operations for the company. Responsibilities will include all accounting, finance, investor relations, tax, treasury, legal and IT. This is a key leadership role, and the expectation is that this person will be a true strategic business partner to the CEO. The ideal candidate will be driven, analytical and a creative problem solver.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently think ahead to anticipate the future business needs to support continued growth and plan for the future. Identify key trade-offs in the business and prioritize business initiatives. Assume a leadership role in assessing and anticipating the company’s fiscal health and spot risks, threats as well as opportunities.
- Improve the financial planning process and establish a rigorous financial model. The CFO will need to understand unit economics, anticipate head count needs and keep track of how each team contributes to revenue and the bottom line of the company. The CFO will monitor performance and keep the teams on track to meet business goals.
- Build and maintain a financial dashboard of key business efficiency and productivity metrics.
- Be a thought partner to the CEO on operational decisions such as sales compensation plans, pricing, purchasing/procurement, and geographic expansion.
- Involve finance in every key decision in the Company to infuse the organization with fact-based, data-driven mentality.
- Combine tactical and strategic skills to become a trusted business partner to the leadership team and functional organizations.
- Institute methodologies, processes, systems and tools that enable the entire company to scale efficiently.
- Responsible for legal contracts and contract term negotiations along with IT management company wide.
- Company currently has a 3-person accounting/finance team. The CFO will need to lead the team and ensure that the company has the policies, procedures, people and systems in place to be ready for an outside audit.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education and Experience Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CFO or VP Finance experience at a manufacturing company.
- 5+ years of increasing financial leadership responsibility with experience in operational and strategic finance and FP&A. A CPA and public accounting background would be a plus. Public company experience would be a plus.
- Strong team player with ability to collaborate closely with a performance-oriented executive team in a low-ego, non-political environment where speed, efficiency and direct communication is valued.
- Demonstrated success in establishing systems and processes to support growth.
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships with investors.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills with a strong ability to influence. Able to express oneself confidently and articulately, with poise, to an external audience is a must. Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; Create team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives; Contribute as a Senior Leader in the company – build relationships and enable collaboration across the entire company.
- Strategic thinker who has a passion for Company, its mission, and its people.
- Optimization focused – always promoting process improvements where needed.
- Ability to navigate complexity without making it complicated.
- Self-Starter – easily move others to action by planning, motivating, organizing and controlling work being done.
- Goal Oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals.
- Maturity – provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment; Is aggressive and confident; Able to operate independently without needing a large staff.
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior.