Location: Northern California
WHO ARE THEY?
Our client is an Ag-tech company with a smart scouting platform to identify pests and diseases in tree crops. Theirplatform combines weekly satellite data, automated drone scouting, and infield scouting data to identify and track every tree on the farm. They then use machine learning to automatically detect pest and disease problems, and finally alerts the farmer to those locations to ground-truth the data and diagnose the specific problems. By bringing farmer validation into the loop, our client gets smarter all the time, which benefits all the farmers on the platform. The company’s web-based software platform is called Aeroview.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you able to work independently? Then you’re ready to be part of our first “boots on the ground” team! Our client is building a national business development team to take our product across the US and cement its position as the leading tree crop protection platform globally.
The business is looking for a Business Development Manager based in Northern California to lead business development for the region and be the first line of client support on the ground. The applicant should be experienced in lead conversion, customer management and be confident enough to deal with farmers, drone service providers and consultants in the agricultural field.
• Perform desktop research to identify potential expansion opportunities, including the identification of core product partners (i.e. Farmers, Farming Groups and Farm Consultants)
• Follow up and convert lead pipeline generated by the growth team at Headquarters
• Generate new leads by contacting farmers, agricultural consultants and drone service providers
• Schedule on-site meetings with farmers to demo the Company products
• Identify and attend farmers days in your region
• Expand our partner base by signing up new Company exclusive service providers
• Assist service provider partners in their sales process by both offering support to the partners and taking part in select joint sales activities
• After sales first line support
• Help build out Company presence in California, including physical office and sales & support team
• Minimum 2 years of sales management experience
• Must have experience in the farming/agricultural industry and even added value would be to have knowledge in the precision agriculture field.
Graduate degree in Business or other sales related field.