As a product expert working closely with the sales team, this position will serve as the primary technical interface between company and assigned customers for both pre-sale and post-sale activities.
- Collect and interpret customer’s mechanical, electrical, and software requirements for new business opportunities.
- Define internal specifications for new hardware and software product features based on customer’s requirements.
- Test and evaluate new product features to ensure customer’s requirements and expectations are achieved.
- Develop concepts and simulations for new products and / or features.
- Draft and distribute technical documentation including: product manuals, application notes, technical presentations, marketing material, software release notes, technical support bulletins, and product change notices.
- Provide on-site system integration support and training for customer evaluations and first time product installations.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to customer-driven information and action requests.
- Understand root cause and drive resolution of product issues/problems/inquiries with respect to performance and reliability.
- Collect and track product performance data for all units in the field.
- MS or BS in robotics, mechanical, or electrical engineering. (robotics / mechatronics experience preferred)
- 1 – 5 years professional experience in an engineering position (customer interface experience preferred)
- Desire for domestic and international travel (10 – 25%)
- Mechanical – CAD (SolidWorks preferred), experience in machine design
- Electrical – Sensor and actuator selection and integration, general troubleshooting
- Software – C, MatLab, LabView
- Motion Control – Experience with serv motor tuning and commercial motor drivers / amplifiers is a plus, but not required
- Embedded Systems – Linux OS, networking, and serial communication.
- Web – HTML, Python, phot / vide editing