Product Sales – The Sales Representative prospects, sources, and maintains quality customers in assigned area. A requirement of this role is to achieve or exceed assigned sales goals by developing action plans and schedules to identify specific sales prospects, targets, and/or markets and to project number of contacts to be made. The Sales Representative manages, calls on, and sells products directly to customers in assigned area and will actively engage in planned prospecting activities geared at increasing the customer base. They will follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity and establish rapport through maintaining regular contact with existing and new customers (particularly key accounts). Responding promptly to customer inquiries, introducing new products and upgrades, studying customer needs and coordinating customer service are abilities the Sales Representative should have.
Additional duties of a Sales Representative include:
- Preparing and presenting quotes, proposals, pricing, credit terms. Overseeing customer services through quality checks and follow-up; to help in identifying and resolving customer concerns.
- Maintaining a professional image at all times through personal actions and initiatives. Enhancing division and Company reputation and brand image by consistently working to implement the Company’s core values of commitment, interaction, and innovation.
- Obtaining, developing, preparing, delivering, and presenting sales materials, exhibits, and promotional programs when attending exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national promotional opportunities.
Training & Development– The Sales Representative is expected to continuously update their job knowledge (for both products and sales/marketing strategies and skills) by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; networking; and participating in professional organizations.
Reporting – The Sales Representative, prepares reports as assigned relative to activity, lost orders, closings, follow-up, and performance against budget. These reports may also be on special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity, including recommendations for product, service, pricing changes and evaluation of competitive developments.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience
- Four year degree in engineering, business or marketing or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of direct sales experience or customer service experience, industrial equipment sales a plus.
- Must have compressor and compressed air experience
- Must have Mechanical Engineering experience
Are we a good fit?
- Must be self-directed.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Have proven business analysis skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Up to 20% over night travel required for sales meetings, training and training in Europe
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.