HOME BASE – – Silicon Valley, CA, USA or surrounding area
Sales & business development function for an experienced sales professional to manage major US-based Tech Giants and their multi-national business along the value chain.
Building a close and long term business relationship with these accounts and Company HQ, together with a profound understanding of their supply chain around the world and their different business models across the value chain, will enable Company – with its technology solutions – to timely meet the requirements for new & future product generations of these major clients.
Beside a certain knowledge in the vacuum equipment technology, the requirements are the ability to closely understand the client’s short-term roadmap and their long-term vision. To know their organization and decision-making processes, to enable the access to the core decision makers and influencers on top level management. It also includes being the key person when it comes to the promotion of the Company products across the clients supply chain around the world.
MAIN TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing communications between key clients and internal teams
- Main interface between different Company BUs and the client to drive the sales process e.g. actual customer projects, samplings, product alignment, new applications, etc.
- Act as a team player in the liaison between the client and the different internal teams e.g. product groups, customer service, etc.
- Developing a complete understanding of the client needs, provide regular roadmap updates for the specific market segments, support technology screening process
- Provide a suitable and efficient reporting structure including maintenance of project list, and sales forecasting, regular update of market intelligence data in the CRM tool
- Continuous development of trust and partnership to strengthen the business relationship between customer decision makers and Company
- Leading the communication with clients including regular customer visits, timely responsiveness to inquiries
- Take ownership in the support to resolve client issues and complaints in a timely and effective manner
- Take the lead in price- and/or legal contract negotiations
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals and sales performance metrics to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
- Ideally technical university degree in Engineering or related subjects e.g. Physics or Material Sciences; background in Semiconductor Device Technology strongly preferred
- Additional business education (especially Business Administration, Sales, Marketing)
- Experienced Sales Professional with international sales & business experience in technology driven capital equipment industries; Semiconductor and related industries and/or vacuum thin-film coating equipment technology strongly preferred
- Ability to work in a virtual organization (geographical distribution of organization)
- Native in English, additional language skills are an asset (e.g. Mandarin, German)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attitude for building strong client relationships with high inter-cultural sensitivity (familiar with Asian culture)
- Excellent negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Hands on experience with CRM software (Dynamics 365) and the Microsoft Office Suite
- An ability to address customer requests in a timely manner
- Availability to travel (internationally) as needed
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed