Program Manager plays a crucial role in the sales activity, proposal generation, launch and execution of programs. This position requires a unique blend of business, technical, and cross-functional management skills. The Program Manager is responsible for managing the implementation of specific customer contracts involving complex electro-mechanical and computer-based systems. Plans and directs program schedules and budgets. Monitors program from project initiation through project delivery, interfacing with customer on technical matters. Organizes interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the program on schedule and within budget constraints. Assigns and monitors work of program staff, providing technical support and direction.
- PROPOSAL CREATION: Develop proposal to meet customer needs. Create budgets for Engineering, Material, and Production Labor. Create, strategize, and negotiate schedule and project maturity. Work with Business Development to create winning pricing strategy.
- ON TIME PROJECT PERFORMANCE: Completing projects on time with the dynamics of managing customer expectations, technical challenges, and shared company resource allocation.
- ON BUDGET PROJECT PERFORMANCE: Completing projects on budget with the dynamics of managing customer expectations, technical challenges, and shared company resource allocation.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: Achieving a high level of customer satisfaction on all assigned
- COMPANY CHAMPION: Establishing relationships with the customer whereby they look to this position as the single point of contact for execution of program.
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Influencing management of multiple internal and external resources to insure successful execution of opportunities without direct reporting relationships.
- PRODUCT MANAGEMENT: Directing and managing Materials, Purchasing, and Engineering to document critical build documentation including BOMs, drawings, procedures, release notes, and acceptance criteria for future replication.
- A minimum of two years of managing new-product development. Experience in the capital equipment industry is a strong plus.
- Track record of projects/programs, which achieved technical, schedule and budgetary goals.
- Experience in development of complex equipment such as process automation in areas including semiconductor metrology and solar fabrication.
- Excellent management skills and be experienced in managing multidisciplinary product development teams.
- Capable of communicating complex issues to customers, management and peers Reports in a concise manner in both written and oral communications.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience and proven performance in designing products for manufacturability, serviceability and reliability.
- Proven ability to work with business development and external customers to define product requirements and proposals
- BSME or equivalent with 5-years minimum hands-on design experience.