- Develop our next generation Diamond-Like-Carbon (DLC) thin film coating to support a variety of product applications for scratch, durability and breakage resistance.
- As part of enhancing the DLC coating, improve the optical properties which provide improved clarity, transmittance and reflectance.
- Provide technical leadership to enhance the technical expertise with our customers in the consumer market with DLC.
- Work with the Sales team and potential customers to provide technical guidance in resolving any product integration problems with our customers.
- Identifying key process parameters and conducting efficiently planned experiments
- Design and implementation of efficient experiments for material and product development
- Representing Customer technology to the customer, suppliers, and technical community.
- Interfacing with the marketing team to develop new product requirements, testing and specifications.
- Apply expertise in basic tribological issues such as force loading, point contact and other factors affecting friction and adhesion
- BS in Chemical or Materials Engineering with 10+ years of process development with Thin Film Coatings. Preferable MS/PhD in Chemical or Materials Engineering
- Preferable 5+ years’ experience with Reactive Sputtering deposition
- Plus 5 years of glass industry experience
- Tribology Expert desirable
- Travel 20% of time